It's Sure TASTY Being Green


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! 

In honor of the holiday, I decided to share some of my favorite green themed recipes. I actually haven't made a specifically St. Patrick's Day treat before, but I've made plenty of recipes that include green ingredients such as mint, lime, zucchini, and more!

Check out my round-up below, and let me know which is your favorite. I'd love to hear about your favorite green recipes, too.


Stuffed Peppers

The first of my green recipes is this delicious stuffed pepper dish. The green peppers are stuffed with beef, rice, marinara sauce, spices, and lots of delicious veggies! My recipe includes peppers, zucchini, onion, and squash, but you can mix it up if you'd like. As if that's not enough delicious flavor, it's top with melted cheese! I made this dish one night when my husband was out of town, it screams a dish I would like, but he would not. He's definitely a meatatarian (not really, but he likes to say that). But, if you like veggies, then you need to try this recipe - it's delicious!!


Zucchini Muffins

The next dish might not look green, but these muffins are filled with a delicious green ingredient - zucchini! Now if you aren't a zucchini fan, don't worry, the veggie adds moisture but not a lot of flavor. The warm spiced flavor comes from the nutmeg and cinnamon. They are delicious! Trust me, my niece loved these and she is not a veggie eater.



These cookies may not initially seem green, but this twist on a chocolate chip cookie has a yummy green colored ingredient - Andes Mints! My husband loves Andes, so I've made quite a few recipes, including Andes Mint cupcakes and (spoiler alert) brownies. These cookies are such a tasty twist on the classic.



Speaking of Andes Mint... These brownies also feature the tasty green treat. This dessert could not be easier. I used box brownie mix (shhhh!) and just covered them with Andes Mints when they came out of the oven. I smeared the melted candy around, and then topped it with chopped Andes Mints once it had cooled.



While it definitely looks yellowish more than greenish, this next dessert is filled with another green ingredient - Key Lime! You might have seen my Key Lime Pie in last week's pie round-up, but it's delicious enough to bring up again. The recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and tart!



My last recipe is filled with green ingredients and is great to share with others. I've had this Asian Coleslaw at tons of church dinners and potlucks. I had been wanting to try my hand at the recipe for a long time. If you haven't had it before, it's a dressed up broccoli coleslaw seasoned with Oriental ramen seasoning, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce. There's a great texture contrast between the slaw, green onions, and ramen noodles. It's definitely a slaw you should try!

Popular Posts