Andes Mint Brownies


If you've spent much time on my site, you know it is full of dessert recipes (and lots of cake decor). When searching through my recipes, you will find tons of recipes for cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and even a few specialty drinks and pies.  But one thing that is completely missing on my blog? Brownies! I will admit that's because they aren't my favorite of desserts.  As I've mentioned before, I'm not a huge chocolate fan (I know I'm weird). I do like it when mixed with other flavors like caramel or peanut butter, and I actually really like my go to chocolate cake recipe with a buttercream.  But, brownies are obviously very chocolatey and just have never been my favorite. I will say, though, that I did enjoy a bite of today's treat!!

I decided to make brownies for two reasons - first of all I hadn't tried them yet and wanted to share a recipe for brownie lovers out there, and secondly (and most importantly), my husband loves them.  For him, the more chocolatey a dessert is, the better. He's been working so hard lately at his job, and has spent days off helping me with my recent cake decorating jobs. I really wanted to make something special just for him! For my first brownie, I decided to go simple, yet with a twist on a traditional brownie.  I wanted to incorporate his absolute favorite chocolate treat - Andes mint!  You may recall I made him some Andes Mint cupcakes for his birthday last year.

These brownies are so simple to make, I started with just a box mix.  I decided to bake them in a 9x13 pan to make them thinner, thinking it would have a better mint to brownie ratio. These brownies may be simple to make, but they are loaded with flavor and a total transformation from a regular brownie.  I've seen similar recipes on Pinterest and various sites, but the recipe I used comes from Taste of Home.

Andes Mint Brownie ingredients:
  • Brownie mix
  • Ingredients per box mix directions (typically oil, water, eggs)
  • 2 boxes of Andes mints (4.67 oz boxes)
Andes Mint Brownie instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 325F (350F for dark pan)
  • Prepare brownie mix per box directions
  • Grease pan and pour in brownie batter
  • Bake per directions on box
  • A few minutes before finished cooking, start unwrapping all the Andes mints 
  • Chop up 5 mints to use for a garnish (I had some leftover mints from a third box, so I ended up using 10 for the garnish)
  • Once taking out of the oven, carefully place Andes mints all along the top of the brownie (careful it's hot!)
  • Place back in the oven for 25-30 secs or until candies melt
  • Spread melted candy all along the top
  • Set on wired rack and cool brownies
  • Once cooled, top with garnish and ENJOY!


So what kind of brownie is your favorite? I'd love to hear from you about what your favorite brownie recipe includes! If you have a delicious brownie recipe, I'd love to feature it on my blog sometime.  Leave a comment or send me an email, and I will check it out! 

Popular Posts