Microwave Deep Dish Cookie


Having a major sweet tooth, sometimes I get the craving for a cookie or cake, but don't want to make a whole recipe.  I don't need a large cake or batch of cookies laying around, I just want one serving. Thankfully there are quick and easy ways to make small servings of both! You may recall my microwave recipe for a mug cake.  I love being able to satisfy my chocolate cake craving, but not have it laying around to eat on for days.   Well now I have a quick and easy microwave recipe for a single serving deep dish cookie!

The other day I was really craving a cookie, but we didn't have any in the house.  Trying not to indulge too much on sweets means I tend to not keep a lot of them around the house.  I try to stick to small servings of my creations, and not a lot of other sweet snacks. I definitely didn't want to make a whole batch of cookies.  My husband might eat a few, but then the rest would be sitting around the kitchen tempting me.  So, I decided to see if I could find a way to make a single serving microwave cookie. Off to Pinterest I went...

Let me just say that this recipe took a while to get, it was the fourth cookie attempt I tried.  Thankfully, I did not eat all four cookies!  First, I tried a healthy recipe I found using oatmeal and bananas.  Not sure what went wrong, but it did not come out right at all.  I am not giving up on the recipe, hopefully I will be able to make it work in another attempt.  Next, I tried the first deep dish chocolate chip cookie recipe I found.  It did not work for me, the cookie was extremely dry and just broke into crumbles when I tried to eat it.  I tried the recipe again, thinking maybe I messed up an ingredient measurement, and I reduced the time I cooked it. Unfortunately, I got the same results.  So I decided to look around and see if I could find one that had more wet ingredients.

Finally I found a recipe from Mike Bridge on HubPage.  This deep dish cookie was great tasting and had an almost cake like texture.  It was moist and not crumbly at all!  I decided to leave out the chocolate chips and instead add some caramel on top.  The gooey caramel topping was a perfect compliment to the cookie for me!  I also wanted to add a creative touch, so I found a way to add the caramel in a heart shape on top.  I thought it was a cute presentation, especially when serving it in a ramekin!


This recipe is so quick and easy!  You can prepare and serve all in the same container.  I chose to use a ramekin, but you could also use a small microwaveable bowl or mug.  Another plus is that this recipe does not contain eggs so you can go for a more doughy, gooey cookie without having to worry about it not being cooked properly.

Deep Dish Cookie ingredients:

  • 4 tbsp flour
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 3 tbsp milk (2 tbsp for a more crumbly cookie)
  • Any toppings or ingredients in cookie (caramel, chocolate chips, cinnamon, etc)
Deep Dish Cookie directions:
  • Add dry ingredients to container you are cooking in (you can also prepare in a separate bowl and then put dough in container) and mix until combined
  • Mix in the wet ingredients - expect the dough to appear more like a thick batter (unless you used 2 tbsp milk for a more crumbly cookie)
  • Get creative - fold in chocolate chips, mix in cinnamon, etc (I didn't add anything until after baking)
  • Microwave between 50-75 sec depending on microwave and how gooey or crumbly you prefer the cookie to be (I did 60 secs and got a cake like consistency cooked completely through). Let it cool before getting out, it will be very hot!
  • Get creative again - top with ice cream, caramel sauce, icing, etc.  I used a cookie cutter on top of the cookie to get my caramel sauce to form a nice heart shape.  I lightly pressed the cookie cutter into the cookie, squirted the sauce, let it sit for a minute, and then pulled the cutter out.
  • Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy treat! I am very excited about some posts I will be sharing this month. In the next couple weeks I have two first birthday parties I am baking for!  First up is a garden themed party next week.  I will be making my garden flower cupcakes, but also making a new garden themed smash cake I am designing.  Then I have an elephant themed cake and smash cake. I've already worked some on the fondant topper for that cake, and can't wait to share it on here!!  So, don't forget to come back and check out these cakes!  Make sure and follow me on Facebook or Twitter to see pics of these cakes when finished, and get a link when the post is up.  You can also follow me by email, GFC, or RSS to get alerts of new posts (see side bar to sign up for these)!

I also want to give a shout-out and a big thank you to Brenda at Chatting over Chocolate!  She nominated me for a Liebster award!! The Liebster award is given by bloggers to other up and coming bloggers.  It's a fun process which includes answering the nominator's questions, telling 11 random facts about yourself, and nominating 11 other bloggers.  The questions and facts help readers get to know a little more about the blogger. I'm working on my answers and what blogs I will nominate.  But, I wanted to go ahead and give a thank you to Brenda and share her site. One of my favorite things about her blog is her Magical Monday posts which are Disney themed creative crafts and food.  I love Disney, and she has so many creative ideas!

Popular Posts