Ever have to restrain yourself from licking the spoon when making cakes? I control myself (usually) since I bake a lot of cakes, but I love anything and everything cake batter! Up until recently, my favorite way to enjoy the flavor was cake batter ice cream. Lately, though, I've been seeing cake batter dips on Pinterest that make me want to reach into the screen and take a bite! After pinning several and never making them, I finally found one I couldn't resist - Funfetti cheese ball.
This dessert cheese ball (found on What's Cooking Love) is made with cream cheese, granulated and powdered sugar, Funfetti cake mix, and sprinkles. This simple, tasty treat will trick your taste buds into thinking you are eating cake, it is that delicious! Not only will it tickle your taste buds, but it is also festive and adorable with the brightly covered sprinkles.
This cheese ball is perfect for a party or get together, which is probably a good idea - it's dangerously addictive! I made it for a recent get together, and it was a huge hit. There were a few skeptics in the crowd at first, but everyone dug in and said it tasted just like eating cake batter! Even someone who claimed they strongly disliked cream cheese, couldn't stop themselves from digging in for more. For our get together, I served it in a chip/dip platter we had with vanilla wafers and graham cracker cookies.
Funfetti Cake Cheese Ball ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix (dry)
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Vanilla wafers, fruit, graham crackers, cookies, etc
Funfetti Cake Cheese Ball directions:
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until combined
- Mix in Funfetti cake mix, sugar, and powdered sugar until fully combined
- Dump the mixture onto plastic wrap and bring up the edges
- Wrap up the mixture into a ball and fully cover in plastic wrap
- Freeze the ball for 1 1/2-2 hours, or until it keeps its shape
- Pour out the sprinkles onto a plate
- Unroll the plastic wrap and roll the mixture around the sprinkle plate until fully covered.
- Rewrap in plastic wrap and freeze for an additional 2+ hours
- Serve with fruit, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and more (if left frozen overnight, thaw 20-30 mins before serving)