Parting is Such SWEET Sorrow: Legendary Cookies
Robin Sparkles. Slap bet. The Bro Code. If any of this rings a bell, you must be a How I Met Your Mother fan. My husband and I love How I Met Your Mother. Sadly, after 9 hilarious (and occasionally heart-breaking) seasons, the show ends tonight. We've grown accustomed to spending our Monday evenings with Barney, Ted, Lily, and Marshall. It's going to leave a suit-shaped hole in our heart.
For those of you who haven't seen the show before, it follows the lead character Ted's epic journey to meet his future wife. He is retelling every twist and turn along the way to his children. The show is so well written and just when you think it can't shock you, or tug on your heart strings any more, it somehow finds a way.
Earlier this season, Ted's future wife befriends his friend Lily with some delicious cookies. People magazine recently released a recipe for these amazing cookies filled with peanut butter, chocolate, and caramel. What more could you want? These cookies taste like peanut butter cookies, mixed with chocolate chip cookies, with a caramel surprise. My husband has even declared these his new favorite cookies, he loves them even more than his previous favorite Andes Mint cookies.
These cookies are packed with so much flavor, you will never want to go back to regular peanut butter, or classic chocolate chip again. I can't wait to make these again and share them with friends and family!!
For now though, we are about to enjoy these delicious cookies and watch the finale. Don't worry, we have our tissues ready.
These cookies are legend - wait for it - well...you know the rest.
HIMYM Legendary Cookies ingredients:
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 bag of chocolate covered caramel candies
HIMYM Legendary cookie instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Chop up chocolate caramel candies
- Beat softened butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl
- Mix eggs and vanilla into butter/sugar mixture and beat until fully combined
- Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until just combined
- Stir in chopped up chocolate caramel candies (add as many as you would like for the cookies)
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Place tablespoon sized balls of dough on parchment paper
- Bake 14 mins
- Cool and enjoy!