Andes Mint Cookies


One thing I've noticed with my blog is that certain themes and flavor combinations appear over and over. Some of them have even kind of surprised me! Before my blog, I always liked bananas, but I was never a huge banana fan. I much preferred strawberry or orange flavored treats. Once I started baking, though, I discovered how great bananas can be in cake and cookies, and have made so many treats with them! There are too many to even name quickly, you can find them all grouped together here. Another recurring flavor? Andes mint! That probably shouldn't be a total surprise to me, though, it is my husband's favorite candy. I've made Andes mint cupcakes and Andes mint brownies.

My latest Andes mint creation was brought on by me wanting to make something special for my husband as a welcome home gift. My husband had been gone all last week on a work trip. He came back last Saturday (yay!) and I decided to bake something I knew he would love. I was coming up with some ideas, and then I thought of Andes mint cookies! I didn't look around online, but I'm sure I'm not the first to try this out. I was excited to experiment with the cookies, though. I decided to use a chocolate chip cookie recipe and then simply replace the chocolate chips with chopped up Andes mints.
The verdict? My husband loved the cookies! A couple quick things to note. First, some of the mints get chopped up much finer than a chocolate chip would be, so there is a lot more in these cookies. This recipe is definitely loaded with Andes mints. My husband loved it that way, but you could also reduce the amount of Andes mints in the recipe. Secondly, in the pics you will notice I cut the recipe in half.


Andes mint cookie ingredients (makes 3 dozen):
  • 2 sticks (1 cup) butter - room temperature
  • 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups chopped Andes Mint (makes a very minty cookie - reduce if you'd like less Andes mint)
  • 1/4 tsp salt (if using unsalted butter)
Andes mint cookie instructions:
  • Cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together baking soda and flour
  • Mixing on low, add in vanilla and eggs, mix until completely combined
  • Mix in flour mixture, just until combined
  • Chop up Andes mints - you don't want them too fine, I pulsed it about 5x with the larger sized mints
  • Fold mints into batter
  • Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper
  • Drop heaping tablespoon sized balls of batter onto sheet, slightly flatten
  •  Bake 8-10 mins

Hope you enjoyed these delicious candy bar cookies! You could easily adjust the recipe with whatever candy you like best. If you'd like to have this recipe, you can also get it in recipe card form below. Click the card to get to the file, feel free to share! For anyone who has tried to access them before, I have now fixed the privacy settings so you will be able to get to them. Sorry!!

Make sure and follow my blog, or follow me on social media, to keep up with my latest projects! Next week, I've got a delicious Key Lime Pie recipe I'm sharing, as well as some more cake decorating tips and secrets. Hope to see you back soon!

Popular Posts