Strawberry White Chocolate Chip cookies


Summer is almost here and nothing says summer like strawberries! I love when strawberries are in season, they are cheaper and much more flavorful. Strawberries are perfect for a light sweet treat on a hot summer day. I will garnish them on angel food cake, or even just eat them dusted with a little sugar. Today's recipe is a light, simple, and flavor packed treat perfect for summer. I have some friends who are more than willing to try out my baking experiments, and they really enjoyed these cookies!

I've made quite a few cookies on this blog, and several have had white chocolate chips in them. In fact, this will be my third white chocolate chip cookie, including - banana white chocolate chip cookies and red velvet white chocolate chip cookies. I was trying to think of a delicious summer cookie, and instantly thought of strawberries. I have always loved strawberries, especially the combination of white chocolate and strawberry. You may recall my white chocolate covered strawberry cake I made for Valentine's Day. This combination is just as tasty in cookie form, as in cake form! 

These cookies are easy to make, you just start with a cake mix base. I got around 20 cookies out of the batter. I went with a similar recipe as my red velvet cookies. I decided to use only the egg whites, though, to help keep the vivid pink color of the cookies. When I made the strawberry cake, I started with the same strawberry cake mix and used egg whites only. You could use the whole egg if you don't want to separate, but they came out great with just the egg whites.

Strawberry White Chocolate Chip cookie ingredients (yields approximately 20):
  • 1 box strawberry cake mix (Pillsbury was the only brand that had strawberry in my local grocery store)
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
Strawberry White Chocolate Chip cookie instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Separate 2 large eggs and keep the egg whites
  • Whisk together the cake mix, egg whites, and oil
  •  Fold in the white chocolate chips
  • Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper
  • Create tablespoon size balls of dough and place on the parchment paper
  • Using a spatula, slightly flatten cookies
  • Bake 8-10 mins
  • Cool

Don't forget my Sweet Tooth Tuesday party, it is still going on! Come on over and link up your recipes, crafts, DIY projects, and anything YOU made. Each week I will feature some of my favorite projects on my blog and various social media sites.

Popular Posts