It's been a while since I've posted, as I haven't been baking as much lately. I've tried a few healthy dessert recipes, but haven't found a new one that I really enjoyed other than the 140 calorie cupcake. But, now that the holidays are here I have several new projects and treats I'm working on. In the next few days I have some holiday cookie recipes, decor ideas, and a cupcake topper tutorial!
Cookies are a great holiday treat to share with family and friends, and of course to leave for Santa! Today's cookie recipe combines two of my favorite sweets - red velvet cake and white chocolate. I decided to combine those two into one cookie. This recipe is simple and creates a beautifully delicious cookie. The worst part is trying to eat just one! The recipe is based on a Duncan Hines recipe. I have altered the recipe to include white chocolate chips in the batter.
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookie ingredients (yields 24):
- Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookie directions:
- Preheat over to 375F.
- Put cake mix, oil, and 2 eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Combine with wire whisk or beaters.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Form into tablespoon size balls and place on parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- You can finish the cookies, if desired, by dusting with powdered sugar.