Surprise Recipe Swap #2

HungryLittleGirl

It's the 20th of the month, so it's time for another Surprise Recipe Swap post. This is my second month participating in the group. As a member, I'm given a blog each month to check out and replicate one of their recipes. Each month (on the 20th) we all post and reveal who are secret blog partner is. 

This month I was assigned to the blog, Earning My Cape. The blog is full of recipes, yarn projects, home schooling tips, travel info, and blog tools. I loved reading through her posts and recipes. There were so many delicious recipes, it was hard to choose which one to go with. I went back and forth between various savory and sweet dishes. I really liked that she also had some recipes for reusing leftovers! But, I finally decided to stick with sweet.

For the longest time, I was convinced I didn't like lemon flavored desserts. I'm not sure why, but I would always pass up anything lemon. Then one day a few years ago I tried a piece of lemon cream pie and loved it! I realized I'd been missing out by ignoring lemon desserts. (You may recall I shared a lemon cupcake recipe on my first blog anniversary.) So, when I was choosing a sweet treat from Earning My Cape, I decided to go with her lemon square recipe!

 

These lemon squares are amazing! You definitely need to check out her blog and all her delicious recipes. You can find the original recipe here.

Lemon Squares ingredients:

Crust
  • 3/4 butter (softened)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
Filling
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup + 1 tbs lemon juice
  • Zest of one lemon
Lemon Squares instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Mix together butter, flour, and sugar with a fork
  • Press crust into 9x13 in pan
  • Bake for 15-20 mins
  • Zest one lemon
  • While baking, combine eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice, and lemon zest and beat until well combined
  • Pour batter over crust
  • Bake for around 20 mins and cool
  • Dust with powdered sugar if you want 


If you are a food blogger and would like to learn more about joining this group, check out more info here.

Don't forget to check back tomorrow as I have my second Sweet Tooth Tuesday party happening. I was thrilled that we had almost 40 entries for the first party last week! There were so many great ideas shared, you will definitely want to check out which ones were featured. As always, make sure and follow my blog, or follow me on social media, to get the latest updates and posts.

Popular Posts