Steak Butter


As you may have read, my husband and I had a mini-vacation last weekend filled with tons of foodie treats. One of our stops was an awesome international market/grocery store. While we were there, we got some Wagyu Kobe-style beef.

I was so excited to try the beef out, my husband makes the best steaks! He's read a lot from amazing chefs about how to cook a steak, I'll have to share his process sometime on the blog. While his steaks are always so flavorful, I wanted to add an extra special touch. I recently watched the episode of Pioneer Woman where she made Cowboy butter. I knew I had to try that for the steaks! If you are keeping track, yes I know I am basically sharing her recipes every week... But, I have yet to be disappointed by anything of hers! 

This steak butter is simple to make, and a perfect compliment to steak! I think I was a tad heavy handed on the lemon (I used a pretty large one). Overall, though, the butter had a fresh and slightly spicy kick that amped up the steak flavor. Next time I would probably pull back a tad on the lemon, and add extra red pepper flakes. I've tweaked the recipe just slightly.

Steak Butter ingredients:
  • 2 sticks salted butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup finely minced parsley
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • Pinch of ground black pepper
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Zest of small lemon (or 1/2 of large lemon)
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
Steak Butter instructions:
  • Soften butter
  • Whip until light and fluffy


  • Mix in red pepper flakes, pepper, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley
  • Beat until completely mixed


  • Dump butter onto plastic wrap
  • Roll into a log and wrap up
  • Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour
  • When steaks are hot, slice off a pat and place on steak


Popular Posts