Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Glaze

Banana bread

I used to love snow and cold weather. Sledding, scarves, boots, snowmen, mittens, hot cocoa - what's not to love? Then I moved to our current town... We only moved just a few hours north, but apparently we crossed some sort of snow line. Now granted, we aren't getting snow like Buffalo, NY, but still it's more than I've ever dealt with. We are also not quite far enough north that they know how to deal with it!

We definitely got hit with the winter storm last week! Our town had around 6-10 in, but the worst part was the ice and windchill! Last Monday, the high was -8 with windchills down into -30's. Not fun. So many of our friends and coworkers were dealing with car batteries dying, pipes bursting, and long power outages. I am so ready for spring!!

During the snow-magedon, our place got a tad chilly. I'm definitely not complaining, we kept power the whole time. But, for this cold natured girl, it got cold. I decided it was a perfect time to bake something warm and toasty - especially a recipe that took a while! I noticed some bananas that were getting a bit brown, so I decided to try banana bread.

I hadn't made banana bread in years. Sometimes I like it, other times I don't. I knew I wanted to make the bread nut free, my husband and I prefer it that way. I also wanted to incorporate a peanut butter glaze for the top. I looked around and found some different recipes, I decided to try and tweak the Food Network version. It claimed to be moist; dryness is usually the culprit behind my dislike for some banana bread. I was a bit hesitant as it seemed to use less milk than others. It is definitely dense, but also very moist! I added some nutmeg and vanilla to the recipe, along with the peanut butter topping!

You can find the recipe cards at the bottom of the post to print, save, or share.

Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Glaze ingredients:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 8 tbs butter (room temp)
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 tbs milk
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Glaze:
    • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
    • 1 tbs milk
    • 1 tbs peanut butter
Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Glaze directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325F
  • Cream sugar and butter together until smooth
  • Add eggs, one at a time
  • In a small bowl, smash bananas and mix in milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla
  • In a different bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
  • Pour banana mixture into batter and mix until fully combined
  • Pour in dry ingredients
  • Mix until flour disappears
  • Spray loaf pan
  • Pour batter in pan
  • Bake 1 hour 10 mins
  • Set on a cooling rack for 5 mins
  • Whisk together peanut butter, milk, and powdered sugar
  • Remove banana bread from pan
  • Cover banana bread with glaze

Here are the recipe cards for you to share, save, download, or print. Enjoy!



Popular Posts