Banana and White Chocolate


It has been a while since I've had a recipe only post, so I figured it was about time!  Today's recipe is for some delicious cookies.  I found this recipe from a great blog I found, The Best Blog Recipes. Check out the site, it is full of great recipes! One of the enjoyable things about blogging is connecting with other bloggers and sharing ideas.  I love participating in blog link parties because you can find lots of creatives ideas and sites. I was looking through posts on one blog link listing and saw these cookies. They looked so good that I had to check it out!

These cookies combine two of my favorite flavors - banana and white chocolate.  If you've read my blog much, you know these are common ingredients in my posts.  I love white chocolate and have included it in my Red Velvet cookies and Fondue for Two.  Banana has been even more prevalent with Banana Split cupcakesPeanut Butter Banana muffinsStrawberry Banana cupcakes, and Peanut Butter Banana cookies! But, this is my first time to blend those two flavors together.  The result is something tasty and wonderful! I had also happened to have some banana pudding mix and white chocolate just lying around the pantry that need to be used, perfect fit for this recipe!


Banana Pudding White Chocolate Cookies Ingredients (yields 3 dozen):
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 (3.4 oz) package instant banana cream pudding mix
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/4 cups white chocolate
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 F.
  • Mix together flour and baking soda in bowl and set off to the side.
  • In a different large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
  • Mix the pudding into butter mixture and continue to mix.
  • Add your eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth, without lumps.
  • Beat together the wet and dry mixtures until completely incorporated.
  • Fold in the white chocolate chips.
  • Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on the parchment paper.
  • Flatten ball of dough slightly.
  • Bake around 8-10 minutes.  

Enjoy!  With Valentine's Day coming soon, don't forget to check out my Love Birds cake topper tutorial.  I'll post the final cake pic on my Facebook page this coming Friday! Also, if you are a fan of Starbucks Caramel Macchiato you will want to check back soon for a delicious post. My husband made some tonight and they were great, he will be sharing them on the blog soon!

Popular Posts