Elvis Cookies


Apparently I'm on a banana kick!  Now that I have the banana extract, I'm trying to think of lots of uses for it.  You may remember a few months ago I did the peanut butter banana bread "Elvis Muffins."  For those of you unfamiliar with the connection, Elvis enjoyed banana slices in his peanut butter sandwich. I decided to do another Elvis spin on a familiar treat - the peanut butter cookie! Wasn't sure how a peanut butter banana cookie would taste, but I decided to give it a try.

You may have noticed that I hadn't done any cookies yet!  I've made cakes, cupcakes, pies, and all kinds of treats, but no cookies.  Well, last night I tried out my first batch in a long time of cookies by scratch.  They don't look very pretty, but they tasted great!  I decided to look up a peanut butter cookie recipe, but not look around for a peanut butter banana cookie recipe.  I wanted to try to experiment and see if I could get a good flavor and texture on my own.  I decided to use both banana extract and some bananas. The cookies look just like peanut butter, so it's a surprise when you get the banana taste.  If anything, it might have a bit stronger banana flavor than peanut butter.  I've adjusted it for the recipe today.  Overall, though, I think it's a scrumptious flavor that you will enjoy. Even with the banana addition, it has a very similar texture as a regular peanut butter cookie. I would say if anything, its more moist than the regular cookie.

Cookie ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup mashed banana (use slightly less)
1 egg
3/8 tsp banana extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 sifted flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt



Cookie directions:
Mix together all sugar, peanut butter, banana, eggs, vanilla, and banana extract.
Beat until mixed well.
Mix in all other ingredients.
Beat until combined.
Make approximately 1 in balls with batter and place on cookie sheet.
Use fork coated in flour to flatten out the cookies.
Bake around 10 minutes.
Let cool on rack.

Popular Posts