Looking for the Helpers


My heart is heavy today as I think about the families affected by yesterday's tragedy in Boston. I'm at a loss for words as I read the details of the events that transpired. I just want to say to my readers out there who may be personally affected by this tragedy - we are praying for you.

At times like these, it is hard to have faith in the goodness of others. But, I'm reminded again of the heroes that emerge after a tragedy. It can be hard to see anything beyond the evil, but there are so many out there pouring out love to the victims and city. I'm thankful for the responders, soldiers, and other runners who came to the aid of the hurt. I'm thankful for the doctors using their abilities to tend to the injured. I'm thankful for local businesses and citizens who have opened their doors and food to those needing food and shelter. I'm thankful for churches, relief organizations, and other groups already working to bring relief and help to the city. I'm thankful for people all over who are putting aside their differences and coming together to pray for the families and for our country.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." ~Mister Rogers

Popular Posts