Copycat Orange Julius Recipe


It's Wednesday, which means time for me to share my latest recipe. I baked a lot last weekend, so I decided to go in a different direction for this week's recipe. Since it is slowly starting to get warmer outside, I decided a cool, refreshing (but still sweet) drink would be perfect to share! This drink is great anytime, but especially perfect for a hot day. My husband was definitely ecstatic when I mentioned I was going to try an Orange Julius copy cat recipe.  If you have never had one, they are delicious - a perfect combination or sweet and citrusy! They are sold at some Dairy Queen locations, usually ones in malls. Neither our local mall or Dairy Queen carry these treats, so whenever we are near one, my husband has to get one. I think he'd be content to let me shop all day if he could sit and have this delicious drink! I may have to try that sometime...

This treat is pretty simple to make, you probably have quite a few of the ingredients in your home. I've actually only had an Orange Julius once or twice, so I let my husband decide how close he thought this was to the real thing. His verdict? Spot on! His face said it all when he tried it, he was shocked just how close it really was.  We will definitely be making this again.  It is quick, easy, and pretty cheap!

Here is the spot on recipe for a tasty Orange Julius! I found the recipe on Food.com, it should work in any medium or large size blender.  You'll see my blender was pretty full, but I doubled the recipe.  I could only find the concentrated orange juice in 12 oz containers. I either need to use a larger blender next time, or use the original recipe.

Orange Julius Copycat ingredients:
  • 6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
  • 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 8 ice cubes

Orange Julius Copycat directions:
  • Put frozen orange juice concentrate in blender
  • Add in all other ingredients except ice cubes
  • Blend 1-2 minutes adding one ice cube at a time, blend until creamy and smooth

This made a LOT of Orange Julius when I doubled the recipe, not that I'm complaining! I decided to pour some in a container to refrigerate and some in a container to freeze for later.  I also made Orange Julius popsicles using my popsicle maker I got for just $1.50 at the grocery today!


Thanks for checking out this recipe, hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did! Check back Friday for something a little different, a handy and decorative craft that is kitchen related. 

I'm also excited to announce my rose covered smash cake was featured on Disney's Spoonful website in the creative cake collection.  Check out the 15 featured cakes here.

Popular Posts