Fiesta Stuffed Peppers


I have a new savory recipe to share today, but first I have the results of my March Madness contest. If you didn't check it out, I had a March Madness style tournament to determine the best sweet treat recipe on my blog. I started with 8 of my favorites and slowly narrowed it down to the champion dessert. I got a little distracted during the actual March Madness tournament, though, since my team did better than expected! Sadly the KY Wildcats didn't win the tournament, but I'm excited to announce the winning champion dessert.

Drumroll please...

The winner is - Copycat Orange Julius


This copycat recipe is so close to the real thing! Orange Julius is one of my husband's favorite treats, and he LOVES this recipe.

Back to something more savory.

A couple months ago, I made some delicious stuffed peppers. It was one of my favorite meals I've made lately, and I decided to try a twist on the dish. This recipe replaces Italian seasoning and marinara sauce for Mexican flavors and salsa! I replaced the white rice from the recipe with Spanish rice (you could also use Mexican).

It's easy to make, and so flavorful! Here's the recipe -

Stuffed Pepper ingredients (yield 6):
  • 6 green peppers
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 2 cups salsa
  • 1 cup cooked Spanish (or Mexican) rice
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 1/2 jalapeno pepper
Stuffed Pepper directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Start cooking rice per directions
  • Slice the top off of green peppers and remove the seeds and membrane from inside the pepper
  •  Boil peppers for 4-5 mins
  • Brown hamburger meat 
  • Drain excess grease and return the meat to the skillet
  • Add taco seasoning packet and amount of water called for on packet
  • Simmer meat and onions for 3-4 mins
  • Mix in rice and salsa
  • Place green peppers in Pyrex dish
  • Fill the peppers with meat/rice/salsa mixture
  • Pour extra salsa over the top of the peppers and pour into the bottom pan
  • Bake 10 mins with 



Popular Posts