Something Savory #8: Quick and Easy Dinner Recipe


I can't believe this is my 8th Something Savory post already! I started this back in March and have enjoyed experimenting with some savory dishes, as well as the desserts. So far I've shared a wide variety of dishes, you can find all the posts here.

Today I'm sharing Easy (and tasty) Beef Enchiladas! My husband and I both love Mexican food and frequently make tacos at the house. My favorite Mexican dish is fajitas, but my husband isn't as big of a fan of all the onion and peppers. We were kind of getting in a rut, though, with the tacos. I decided to mix things up last week and make my mother-in-law's enchiladas recipe. They are so delicious!


These Easy Enchiladas are not only delicious, but also a solution for a fast dinner. There are a few different parts to the process, but some of it can be prepped in advance. Like everyone, my husband and I stay pretty busy and love quick and easy recipes for dinner. We have been doing so much better about eating at home, but we've learned to save the more complicated recipes for the weekend.

These enchiladas didn't take too long to prepare, but you could speed up the process by browning the beef and cooking the rice the night before. Refrigerate them overnight and then you are well on your way to having the enchiladas ready.

Easy Enchilada ingredients (yields 6 enchiladas, increase recipe if needed):
  • 1 lb ground beef (consider ground turkey or chicken for a healthier alternative)
  • 6 flour tortillas
  • 1 package Spanish style rice (we prefer Knorr's)
  • 20 oz red enchilada sauce (two small cans)
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 2 cups Mexican cheese
  • 2/3 cup water
Easy Enchilada instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Start by cooking Spanish (or Mexican) style rice, following instructions on package, let cook while you prepare the beef
  • Brown beef in skillet
  • Drain and pat down to remove excess grease
  • Add a package of taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water
  • Simmer meat for 5 mins
  • Add rice to the beef and simmer for a couple minutes (start here if you already prepared the beef and rice). We only used about 1/2-3/4 of the rice, the rest can be eaten with the enchiladas.
  • Add 1 cup of red enchilada sauce to the meat/rice mixture, simmer for 5 mins
  • Slightly heat the tortillas (you can do this in the microwave for about 30-45 secs)
  • Spray a 9x13 cooking dish with vegetable oil
  • Scoop about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture into a tortilla
  • Sprinkle in a little cheese
  • Roll up and place in the dish
  • Repeat the process for all 6 enchiladas
  • Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce on top and cover with cheese
  • Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 10 mins
  • Remove foil and bake an additional 10 mins
  • Enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this yummy Mexican dish! Make sure and check out my other Something Savory dishes, as well as my delicious desserts. Feel free to share any of my recipes or cake ideas on your blog or social media sites, just make sure and add a link back to my site. Thanks!

Popular Posts