Today's tutorial is for some camping themed cupcake toppers. These toppers were for my cousin's son's birthday. They were having a camping themed party and I was excited to make the toppers. I decided to go with a fondant campfire and marshmallows on a "stick." They were going to make s'mores at the party, so I thought the marshmallow and campfire toppers were a great fit. Half the cupcakes had the fire and half had the pretzel/marshmallow.
These toppers were really easy to make, and a big hit at the party!
Camping Themed cupcake toppers:
- Print out a campfire picture to use as a template
- Dye some fondant brown and roll out to 1/16 in
- Cut out log portion of campfire out of brown fondant using an Exacto knife
- Dye a ball of fondant red and another ball yellow
- Mix the two balls of fondant together somewhat, but not completely (you want swirls in the fondant)
- Roll out fondant to 1/16 in
- Cut out fire portion of toppers
- Glue fire onto logs using gum glue (fondant pieces dissolved in water)
- Stick mini marshmallows on pretzel sticks
Hope you've enjoyed this tutorial! Don't forget to come back tomorrow and link up your favorite recipe, craft, or DIY tutorial to my Sweet Tooth Tuesdays blog link party! I host the party each week, it runs from Tuesday-Friday. We've had so many great link ups the three weeks since I've started. Can't wait to see what has been linked up this week!