One of my favorite cakes when I was younger was a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. I have a summer birthday, so it was a perfect time to get one of those delicious cakes. I loved the cake, ice cream, and especially the icing! Ever since I got into baking, I've been wanting to try an ice cream cake. I've looked up ideas and had it on my list, but just haven't tried it. I got inspired, though, from a blog post I saw on one for my blog link parties I participated in last week. The blog, A Pumpkin and a Princess, had posted a delicious looking Reese's Ice Cream Cupcake. Turns out she has a series she's working on of ice cream cupcakes, they are amazing! You should definitely go check them out!
How could you resist this?!
Ice Cream Cupcake ingredients:
- Chocolate cake ingredients
- Ice cream
- Whipped topping
Ice Cream Cupcake instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare chocolate cake mix (I used my favorite chocolate cake recipe)
- Place cupcake wrappers in muffin tin
- Fill each liner with around 1 tbsp batter
- Bake around 10 mins (or until toothpick inserted comes out clean)
- Let completely cool
- Add some slightly melted ice cream on top of the cupcakes
- Put muffin tin in freezer to firm up
- After freezing for a few hours, add on whipped topping
- Refreeze until ready to eat
These cupcakes were SO delicious! I loved the cake/ice cream combination. The light whipped topping was a perfect compliment for the treat. I hope you enjoy this recipe and make your own delicious ice cream cupcake. I'd love to hear what ice cream and cake flavors you use if you try this recipe out!
Stay tuned for a post I'm working on for my farm cake I made over the weekend. Check out my Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts for a sneak peak of the cake!