Heart Warming Cocoa


Are you ready for the Holiday season? I can't believe it is already December, Christmas and New Year's will be here before you know it. I love this time of year and am celebrating all month with my "12 Sweet Posts of Christmas" series this month. From now until December 24, I will be sharing posts celebrating Holiday food, crafts, and festive activities. So far, I've shared a Holiday Bucket list, as well as a post all about decorating for Christmas.

Today I'm sharing an easy way to make your hot cocoa even sweeter!


This time of year, I love a warm mug of hot cocoa. I don't know about where you live, but we are having some real wintry weather today. I decided a warm cup of dark chocolate cocoa was just what I needed to warm up. I've seen the idea of heart shaped whipped topping all around Pinterest in years past, I've always wanted to try it out. It's an adorable way to spruce up a hot cup of cocoa.

It's simple to make these whipped topping hearts, and you could make them in any shape you want. To start with, you need to freeze some whipped topping. I spread out a thin layer of topping onto parchment paper. I then placed that into a sealable bag and froze it. 


After getting my cocoa ready, I just pulled the frozen whipped topping out of the bag. I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to get the shape. I carefully pealed it up with a spoon and placed it in the cocoa. I think a snowflake cookie cutter would also be adorable for the winter!

Make sure and check back in a few days for a post all about Gingerbread!

Popular Posts