Collage Decor from Christmas Cards


Today I'm sharing the next installment in my "12 Sweet Posts of Christmas," make sure and check out my other posts as well. Are you ready for the holidays yet? I'm not even close to being ready. I still need to shop, wrap gifts, bake, and finish my Christmas cards. Shew! I attempted to do my cards all in one evening, but finally stopped when I realized I had written the wrong last name for my aunt...I think I needed a break! I always underestimate how long it is going to take to finish my cards. 

It always seems like they take a while to finish, but then no one knows what to do with them once Christmas is over! This year, I decided I wanted to find a way to preserve them for a little longer. I've seen tons of crafts and projects using old Christmas cards, including ornaments and tags. I decided to try something a little different with my cards from last year, though.

Last year was our first Christmas as a married couple. Sadly, Christmas wasn't quite what I anticipated. Most of my family all got sick from something we ate. My poor husband was up all night Christmas Eve and slept for a good part of Christmas day... But, the rest of the holiday season was still extra special! I wanted to make a memento from the cards we received last year. I love making collages, so that seemed like the perfect way to utilize the cards.

I got to reminisce about all the people that sent us cards as I went through them and found sections to cut out. Crafting isn't my main hobby, but sometimes I love using my creative side to make something. After cutting the pieces out, I just taped them down on a piece of paper and placed it in a frame. The result was a personalized wall hanging that was perfect to add to our holiday decor. I'll probably continue hanging it up year after year to remember that first Christmas.


What ways do you like to reuse your Christmas cards? I'd love to hear your ideas, I'd want to continue the tradition and make something each year out of the cards. 

Make sure and keep checking back from now through Christmas Eve for holiday projects, recipes, and more!

Popular Posts