Chicken Salad Croissant


Chicken salad is one of my favorite sandwiches, especially when it comes on a flaky, buttery croissant. I love the tang and crunch of this classic dish! When you order it at a restaurant, though, you never know quite what to expect...there are so many versions. I've had so many different styles that I've enjoyed, but I do have a few preferences. For example, I really don't like grapes in my chicken salad. I don't know what it is, I enjoy snacking on grapes...but I am not a fan or them in my sandwich. Pecans and celery, though, are a must. The flavor and crunch makes the sandwich!

I was craving chicken salad the other day, so I decided I would try and make my own so I could have it exactly the way I prefer! I have a bucket list of recipes I've been wanting to try or dishes that I wanted to try and make a homemade version of, chicken salad was on this list. I noticed a recipe in a cookbook my mom gave me recently for one of my favorite restaurants back home. This recipe is pretty basic, but it was delicious! I made a batch up and ate off of it all week for lunch. Next time, I'd like to experiment with some additional herbs to enhance the flavor, but this is a quick and easy version that still tastes great.


I made a few changes to the recipe including leaving out the grapes, shredding the chicken rather than cubing, and using low-fat mayonnaise.


Chicken Salad Croissant ingredients:

  • 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (or cubed, I just prefer shredded in a sandwich)
  • 1/2 cup finely-chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Dash of freshly cracked black pepper
  • Croissants
Chicken Salad Croissant instructions:
  • Shred cooked chicken breast
  • Chop celery and pecans
  • Combine chicken, celery, pecan, mayonnaise in a bowl
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Mix together to combined seasoning throughout
  • Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving
  • Using a bread knife, carefully slice croissants down the middle
  • Spoon chicken salad in croissants and enjoy!

Popular Posts