If you've been on my blog the past week, you may have noticed my series of fondue recipes. I got a new fondue pot for Christmas and didn't wait long to test it out for a three course meal New Year's Eve. I found some copycat recipes online and experimented with my favorite Melting Pot courses. Earlier, I shared our take on the Fiesta cheese course and the Court Bouillon main course.
The final recipe of the night was a Bananas Foster White Chocolate fondue. When we were creating the recipes, the first two courses went off with any issues. The dessert course...well it took a few attempts to get it right. After some experimenting, I think our issue was the type of white chocolate we were using. The flavor was spot on though, delicious!
For the recipe, we used a Pioneer Woman Bananas Foster sauce that we love. The sauce simply mixes into the white chocolate, and the combination is fantastic!
We used all the delicious dippers from The Melting Pot including pound cake, strawberries, banana slices, and marshmallows. My favorite treats to dip are their Oreo covered marshmallows and graham cracker covered marshmallows. Turns out, the marshmallows couldn't be easier to make!
Here's how I made them:
- Crush Oreos and/or graham crackers until they become a fine crumb
- Roll marshmallows in water
- Place crumbs in bag and toss marshmallows in the crumbs
Once the marshmallows were made, strawberries were hulled, and the banana was sliced, it was time to make the fondue chocolate. Here is how we made it, the time it actually worked that is.
Bananas Foster White Chocolate fondue ingredients:
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- Dash of 151 rum
- Dash of cinnamon
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- Fondue dippers:
- Pound cake
- Oreo covered marshmallow
- Graham cracker covered marshmallow
- Banana slices
Bananas Foster White Chocolate fondue instructions:
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat
- Mix in brown sugar until combined
- Stir in heavy cream
- Pour in spiced rum and heat until bubbling
- Pour in a dash of 151 rum and CAREFULLY ignite alcohol with lighter to flambé
- Remove from heat
- Melt white chocolate chips in fondue pot, or double boiler (use warm setting)
- Stir in bananas foster sauce to taste
- Dip in chocolate and enjoy!