Is anyone else in disbelief that it is already October? I can't believe Fall is already here. I used to prefer Summer, but I'm becoming more of a Fall person. I love the crisp air, cozy sweaters, cute boots, delicious cinnamon apple dishes, and of course anything pumpkin! There's something about the cool weather that makes me want to bake, even more than usual. What's better on a crisp Autumn night then some cookies and a warm drink?
This Fall, there's a new cookie you have to try. It's everyone's favorite traditional chocolate chip cookie, but with a tasty twist of Fall flavors. Not only is pumpkin added to the cookie, but also other Fall essentials including cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. If you aren't a big fan of pumpkin, don't worry the flavor isn't super strong. The puree just adds a bit of spice and deliciousness to these cookies.
I found this recipe on Food Network's website. I cut the recipe in half, as the full recipe makes a ton of cookies. I reduced the chocolate chips even more, but probably should have kept it per recipe. It seemed like a ton, but didn't end up being as much when I scooped out the cookies.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie ingredients (yields 60 cookies):
- 1 cup softened butter (if using unsalted, add 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (not semisweet)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookie directions:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Beat the butter until smooth
- Beat in both sugars, a small amount at a time
- Beat in one egg at a time
- Mix in the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves
- Slowly beat the flour mixture in, 1/3 at a time
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Place tbs size balls of batter on the sheet
- Bake cookies 15-20 mins
Hope you and your family can enjoy celebrating the cool weather with these tasty cookies!