What Will Baby "Bee" Gender Reveal Party


My blog has been quiet for quite a while! I've missed working on the posts, but life has been busy and I haven't had as much time to experiment in the kitchen or make many cakes. Part of the reason for the sudden busy schedule is...


I'm pregnant!! My husband and I are anxiously anticipating our first baby around Thanksgiving this year. We are so excited and can't wait to be parents.

We recently had our 20 week anatomy ultrasound and found out the exciting news regarding the gender of our baby! Ever since finding out we were pregnant, I knew I wanted to do a gender reveal party to share the exciting news with our friends and family. My husband and I wanted to find out the news together, but then we wanted to surprise everyone with a big reveal.

After looking around Pinterest, I decided to plan a bee theme for the party - What Will Baby "Bee"? I thought it was perfect for a laid back summer barbecue. It was a twist on the traditional pink and blue decor, but seemed like a fun idea.

Voting Board

I started planning the party by making a voting board for the party. I found some foam board at a local craft store and hot glued some small gray clothes pins and decorated the board with washi tape and decor I created on PicMonkey including a "What Will Baby Bee?" sign and a pink and blue bee.


Here's how our votes ended up:



Cupcake Stand and Bee Cupcakes

While I love making cakes, I decided to go a different method for revealing the gender (more on that in a minute...). Since we were having a simple lunchtime barbecue, I decided to just make cupcakes for dessert. Things were a little crazy that week, so I just made cupcakes with fondant bees. I wanted to make a special stand for the cupcakes. I found a cheap cardboard stand at the craft store, and decorated it with some washi tape, scrapbook paper, and cute ribbon. The colors all fit with the bee theme, and I love anything black and white.


For the cupcakes, some were plain and some had bees made out of fondant. 


Additional decor

The party was pretty laid back, but I made some decor for the house.

Welcome Sign - I found a cheap chalkboard sign and I decorated it with some washi tape, chalk, a burlap flower, and a bee printout.

Flower vases - I decorated Mason jars with scrapbook paper, bee stickers, and string.

Mantle - I changed up our mantle by decorating it with books, baby gifts, and a banner I made.



The Big Reveal

There are so many different ways to reveal the gender. After thinking about all the different options, we decided to release balloons from a box. We decorated a packing box with chevron and black wrapping paper, a construction paper bee, and letter stickers.


And the baby is...


...a BOY!

We are so excited to welcome our precious baby boy, we just need a name!





Popular Posts