One week I brought sausage balls, another week we made a egg and sausage casserole. This past week, though, we tried a new recipe that was a hit - Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake! As soon as I saw the recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it. As a trial run, I first experimented with the recipe and shared with friends. It was a hit, so I decided to share with the group. The recipe is definitely one that is best to share with others, I would be tempted to eat too much if it stayed around the house!
We really enjoy sharing the food and hopefully provide the volunteers with some refreshment!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast ingredients:
- 2 cans of cinnamon rolls
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup maple syrup
Cinnamon Roll French Toast instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 8 pieces
- Pour melted butter into baking dish
- Place cinnamon roll pieces into dish
- Beat eggs in a medium size bowl
- Mix heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and cinnamon into the eggs
- Pour egg mixture over cinnamon roll pieces
- Drizzle maple syrup over mixture
- Bake 25-28 minutes, or until golden brown
- Remove lid from icing and warm in microwave (10-15 secs on 50% power)
- Pour icing over the french toast
- Serve with more syrup, if desired
Enjoy! I'd love to hear about ways you volunteer or help others through baking.