Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
It's summer, which means time for cookouts and barbecues. While I love cakes and cupcakes, nothing beats the summer heat like ice cream. Today's recipe combines both in a delicious frozen dish. A few years ago I had a similar version at a cookout with friends and was shocked to find out it was simply ice cream sandwiches and whipped topping. I like ice cream sandwiches well enough, but they are definitely transformed into a much tastier treat with this frozen cake.
This recipe is quick and simple, but it's also easy to customize to your favorite tastes and flavors. I topped my cake off with caramel sauce and chopped Reese's. Yum! There are so many ways to top this cake - chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, peanut butter chips, chopped Andes mints, etc. You could even switch up the cake by using different flavored ice cream sandwiches, or even making homemade ones!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake ingredients:
- Approximately 18 ice cream sandwiches
- 16 oz whipped topping
- Favorite ice cream sauce (caramel, chocolate, butterscotch, etc.)
- Favorite chopping topping (nuts, candy bar, candy chips, mints, etc.)
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake instructions:
- Place a layer of ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, you may need to break one in half to fit them in
- Cover with half of the whipped topping
- Top with another layer of ice cream sandwiches
- Top with more whipped topping
- Drizzle with ice cream sauce
- Chop your favorite candy, nuts, etc.
Enjoy this frozen, tasty treat. It's perfect for the 4th of July or your next summer potluck. In my experience, it's sure to be a hit!