Peanut Butter Iced Brownies


While I enjoy baking from scratch, sometimes you just need to prepare a dessert quickly. Brownies are one sweet treat that I tend to use a mix with, it's a quick and easy way to share a dessert with a crowd. Just because I start with a mix, though, doesn't stop me from adding my own twist to make it special and a tad bit more homemade.

To enhance the flavor of the brownies, but not add a ton of time, I usually add a tsp of vanilla extract to the recipe and then add a tasty topping. In the past I have melted Andes mints on the top. For today's recipe, though, I decided to add a peanut butter touch to it. I started thinking about the delicious (and super simple) peanut butter frosting that I've previously put on banana muffins and my favorite banana bread recipe. I thought I'd give it a try and it really transforms the plain brownies. We shared the brownies with a few friends and the consensus was these chocolatey, peanut buttery brownies are delicious!

 Peanut Butter Iced Brownie ingredients:
  • Brownie mix
  • Ingredients for brownie mix (water, oil, eggs, etc.)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbs peanut butter 
  • 2 tbs milk
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Peanut Butter Iced Brownie instructions:
  • Mix brownies per direction on box, also adding in 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Bake brownies per box instructions
  • Cool brownies
  • Whisk together peanut butter, milk, powdered sugar
  • Drizzle over brownies and spread to completely cover
  • Enjoy!




Popular Posts