Sweet Tea with Peach Ice Cubes


There's nothing better for a hot summer day than a cold, refreshing drink. My husband's drink of choice - sweet tea. My husband and I both grew up in KY where sweet tea is a staple. I was never a fan, but my husband could drink it every day. Now we live further North, though, and there's only a couple places that serve sweet tea! Since he rarely gets his fix of the sugary drink, I decided to attempt making him some this week. 

I decided to use Trisha Yearwood's recipe for sweet tea. Being a Southern girl, I figured she probably knew a thing or two about sweet tea. I wanted to add a unique twist to the tea, so I decided to incorporate some fruit flavor. I had recently seen a recipe where someone made "ice cubes" by freezing pieces of watermelon. As they unfroze, they added a delicious, fruity twist to a glass of water. I decided to make some peach ice cubes for the tea. My husband loves Snapple Peach Tea, so I thought this would be a great combination.

The experiment worked out well, my husband loved it! The peach ice cubes melted faster than regular ones. The peach flavor starts out very faint, but then gets stronger as you drink it. My husband couldn't put the glass down, it just got better tasting as he drank it. Unlike regular ice cubes, it didn't get watered down as the ice melted, it just got more delicious!

Sweet Tea with Peach Ice Cubes ingredients (small pitcher amount of tea, ~7 cups)
  • 2 medium sized peaches (yields 8 ice cubes)
  • 2 family sized iced tea bags
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 6 cups water
Sweet Tea with Peach Ice Cubes directions:
  • Clean, peel, and cut up peach
  •  Puree peach using food processor or blender
  • Spoon pureed peaches into ice cube tray
  • Freeze for at least 3 hours
  • Put tea bags in a pot and add water until bags are covered (around 1 cup)
  • Bring to a boil and then remove from heat and let steep around 10 minutes
  • Mix sugar and 1/2 cup cold water in a pitcher
  • Pour in tea from pot and mix until sugar is combined
  • Fill pitcher with additional water, around 6 cups
  • When serving, add peach ice cubes in the glass
  •  Add tea to the glass and enjoy!

Beat the heat this summer with this refreshing recipe! Don't forget to link up to my Sweet Tooth Tuesdays link party going on this week.

Popular Posts