Lofthouse Copycat Recipe


As you can probably tell from my recipes, I'm more of a cake person than a cookie person. I like the occasional cookie now and then, but given the choice I'd be much more likely to choose some sort of cake. But, there's one cookie that I can hardly resist - the Lofthouse cookies! You know, those soft delicious cookies that are covered in icing and sprinkles. The cookies have such a soft texture, almost cake-like. Which, when you think about it, is probably why I like them so much! With the icing too, they are basically cake. Well, I recently found a Lofthouse copycat cookie recipe on a blog, Melissa's Cuisine

I knew I was in trouble when I saw this recipe... I had been successfully avoiding that section of our local grocery, I haven't had one of those cookies in months! My problem is I can't seem to just eat one. My husband isn't as big of a fan, so they are just all laying around tempting me. But, I decided to try out this recipe anyway. I made a much smaller batch and only let myself eat a couple, giving others away.

This copycat recipe is amazing! The cookie recipe is spot on - both in taste and texture. The icing recipe is a great imitation as well. I think I may have been a little heavy handed on the cream. I was afraid it was a little dry and I added more. I think if I had just kept mixing it, the icing would have been fine. The taste of the icing was extremely close, I just could taste quite a bit of the whipping cream. I'm thinking if I had stuck to the recipe, it would have been spot on.

Lofthouse Cookie Copycat Recipe ingredients (5-6 dozen):

Cookies 
  • 1 cup butter (room temp)
  • 2 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 6 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Icing
  • 1 cup butter (room temp)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 6 tbs heavy cream
  • Food coloring and sprinkles (optional)
Lofthouse Cookie Copycat directions:
  • Preheat oven to 425F
  • Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
  • Beat in eggs, one at a time, until completely incorporated
  • Mix in vanilla and sour cream, beat until combined
  • Beat in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt on low (dough will be sticky)
  • Divide the dough into half, and press into thick rectangle. You need to flour the surface and hand when working with the dough.
  • Refrigerate for 2 hours
  • Roll out dough to 1/4 in and cut out cookies using 2 1/2 in circular cookie cutter
  • Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
  • Bake for 6-8 mins
Next, you need to prepare the icing while the cookies cool.
  • Beat butter and vanilla together until combined
  • Mix in powdered sugar
  • Beat in heavy cream and food coloring (if using), adding small amounts until desired consistency
  • Refrigerate icing until ready to spread on cookies
  • The icing is thick and easy to spread with a knife 

  • Top with sprinkles (if desired) 
Make sure and check out my other copycat recipes I have on the blog. I've shared recipes for Winger's Amazing Sauce and Orange Julius, both of which my husband drooled over (he's a huge fan of both). For any Starbucks fans, I also shared a copycat for their Caramel Apple Spice.

Also, make sure and link up to my Sweet Tooth Tuesdays link party, still going strong this week!

Popular Posts