Bananas Foster Milkshake


Do you remember that time I tried out The Pioneer Woman's bananas foster sauce? It was ridiculously decadent and amazing. My husband and I joked it was so good we could practically drink it. No, we didn't actually drink it, BUT I did recently make an equally delicious bananas foster milkshake! 

Last summer, I got an ice cream maker for my birthday. I loved making ice cream and shared a few of my favorite flavors in a special summer series, I Dream of Ice Cream. One thing I really wanted to do, though, was make a milkshake. We had a blender, but milkshakes work so much better with an immersion blender. Well my husband just got an immersion blender for his birthday, so we finally got a chance to make one! Don't we sound like foodie nerds getting all these kitchen utensils for our birthdays? Ha ha!

This recipe is delicious and includes all the essential components of bananas foster - caramel, bananas, and even a dash of cinnamon. You can even make a more adult version by adding in dark rum, which is commonly used in bananas foster. 

Bananas Foster Milkshake ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup caramel sauce
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 3/4 bananas
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • 10 oz vanilla bean ice cream
  • 1 tbs rum (optional)
  • Whipped cream, bananas slices, cinnamon for garnish
Bananas Foster Milkshake directions:
  • Cut up banana into slices
  • Put 3/4 banana slices, milk, caramel, and cinnamon in cup 
  • Mix with immersion blender
  • Scoop out ice cream into container and pour caramel/banana mixture over ice cream
  • Mix until blended
  • Pour into cup and garnish with whipped cream, banana slices and cinnamon

Popular Posts