Spicy Rum Chicken



I was flipping through last month's Food Network magazine when today's delicious chicken dish caught my eye. This recipe is from Eddie Jackson, the latest winner of Food Network Star. We followed the show this year and I have to be honest...I was a bit bummed Jay Ducote didn't win. But, this recipe has me excited for Eddie's new show; I can't wait to see what other delicious recipes he will share!

Eddie's spicy rum recipe was actually a chicken wing recipe, but we decided to use the marinade for chicken tenders instead of wings. The marinade is full of big flavors with a kick of spice. I have several different spicy chicken recipes that I love, but this is definitely entering into our rotation!


Spicy Rum Chicken ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup rum
  • 3 tbs lime juice
  • 3 tbs soy sauce
  • 3 tbs brown sugar
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 habanero chile peppers (seeded and minced)
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Spicy Rum Chicken instructions:
  • Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl
  • Place chicken in a resealable bag and pour in a majority of marinade, leaving some off to the side
  • Refrigerate chicken in marinade for 3-4 hours
  • Place chicken and marinade in a skillet over medium-high heat
  • Cook chicken for 4 minutes
  • Flip and cook on the other side for 4 additional minutes
  • Turn the heat down to low and pour in the remaining marinade
  • Let the chicken simmer in the liquid for an additional 4-5 minutes

Popular Posts