Simple Wreath for All Seasons


I'm loving my Friday posts where I get to experiment with a little bit of everything. Even when I venture out into crafting, I still tend to stick to the food theme. Today, through, I'm thinking outside the kitchen. I recently made my first wreath, and I decided to share it on my blog. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I'm pretty happy with it. 

When it comes to decor, I like to keep it simple. I'd be wanting to make a wreath and had the idea to make one that was interchangeable. I love the idea that I can change out a few pieces and customize it for the season, or holiday. 

The wreath is silver with a touch of my favorite print - damask. I decided to use neutral colors so they would match a variety of colors. I attached a "W" to the wreath and am going to collect pieces for different seasons. I simply pin the pieces on the wreath and that way I can easily switch them out. So far I've collected butterflies, felt roses, and fall leaves. The pink felt roses are sort of the default, I made those myself. 

Here's how I made the wreath!

Wreath materials:
  • Styrofoam wreath form
  • Ribbon (1 or two different colors/patterns)
  • Scissors
  • Straight pins
  • Wooden monogram
  • Felt
  • Various items for wreath (leaves, butterflies, etc)
  • Glue
Wreath instructions:
  • Start ribbon on form by attaching with straight pins
  • Wrap ribbon around wreath form

  •  Add a second color, or pattern, to the top of the wreath


  •  Glue wooden monogram letter onto wreath
  • Attach additional pieces with straight pins; see examples below

Here's how my wreath looks on the front door!


Popular Posts